The Alternative Investments team is focused on direct investments in four key asset classes.
Each vertical has a dedicated team, but leverages expertise across the entire organization and the firm’s broader network to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns with differentiated value-add strategies.
The Private Equity team is focused on active value-add investing in attractive lower middle market businesses that are led by exceptional management teams and undergoing a strategic inflection point that will drive exponential growth.
This strategy is unrivaled amongst its peers as Manhattan West leverages the firm’s rolodex of executives (typically only seen at mega-funds) to conduct value-add & control investing in the lower middle market.
- Active, operational approach with management teamscreating value through network of strategic partners & industry executives
- Value-add sectorsincluding media, entertainment, consumer, sports, and tech-enabled services
- Target ~25-100% ownershipwith mix of primary and secondary capital
- Focus on businesses with strong cash flowand unique growth in defensive industries
- $2-25mm equity check sizesenterprise values of <$100mm
The Venture Capital team takes a broad systematic approach to venture investing. We deploy capital across different stages of a company’s life cycle from early stage to late-stage pre-IPO companies.
Our Funds invest directly by identifying companies with substantial vision for an emerging category and a long-term strategy. We also identify great companies that are accelerating through their growth phase and are poised for a public exit.
We offer an Early Stage Direct Fund, a dedicated direct Crypto & Blockchain Fund, a Venture Fund of Funds that invests in best-in-class emerging and established Venture Capital Funds and finally, Late Stage Venture SPVs that hold direct and indirect shares in highly coveted Pre-IPO companies.
Companies are staying private longer than ever, resulting in fewer IPOs and much more growth in the private markets. As such, our strategy is designed to invest in Venture Capital strategically using our extensive network, resources and acumen.
- Strategically invest directly in early-stage companies
- Invest in Crypto & Blockchain ecosystem
- Co-Invest with Best-in-Class Venture Capital Managers
- Access to Late-Stage high growth pre-IPO Companies
- In-Depth network of relationships in Venture Community
- Specialized teams and sector/stage focused strategies
The Real Estate team is uniquely positioned as an owner, operator, and manager with a primary focus on multi-family and industrial properties.
- Invest in all major markets in Western USwith a particular focus on Southern California
- Target value-add and core plus assetsbut will consider opportunistic investments as well
- Invest exclusively as a sponsorwith hands-on, design-driven execution
- Take an institutional approachto acquiring and managing sub-institutional real estate
- Extensive operating experience
- $5 – 15 million equity check sizes
The Private Debt team seeks to generate income and capital gains through direct and indirect investments in commercial loans to businesses located in the United States. Such investments may include, among other things, loan participations, asset-based loans, and individual or syndicated loans.
- Geographic loan dispersion across the U.S.
- Diversity in small business enterprise types
- Loans underwritten to institutional standards
- Act as a partner to understand each borrower’s set of working capital needs
Our Edge comes from a hands-on and value-add approach to how capital is deployed within each of the core verticals.
- Nimble and flexible approach
- “Consulting Bench” of operating partners unrivaled amongst our peers
- Focus on transparency and partnership