The Alternative Investments team is focused on direct investments in four key asset classes.
Each vertical has a dedicated team, but leverages expertise across the entire organization and the firm’s broader network to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns with differentiated value-add strategies.
The Private Equity team is focused on active value-add investing in attractive lower middle market businesses that are led by exceptional management teams and undergoing a strategic inflection point that will drive exponential growth.
This strategy is unrivaled amongst its peers as Manhattan West leverages the firm’s rolodex of executives (typically only seen at mega-funds) to conduct value-add & control investing in the lower middle market.
- Active, operational approach with management teamscreating value through network of strategic partners & industry executives
- Value-add sectorsincluding media, entertainment, consumer, sports, and tech-enabled services
- Target ~25-100% ownershipwith mix of primary and secondary capital
- Focus on businesses with strong cash flowand unique growth in defensive industries
- $2-25mm equity check sizesenterprise values of <$100mm
Investing in mature venture-backed companies that are demonstrated market leaders. Typically targeting an exit via IPO or M&A in the next 1 to 3 years.
- Strategically invest directly in early-stage companies
- Invest in Crypto & Blockchain ecosystem
- Co-Invest with Best-in-Class Venture Capital Managers
- Access to Late-Stage high growth pre-IPO Companies
- In-Depth network of relationships in Venture Community
- Specialized teams and sector/stage focused strategies
The Real Estate team is uniquely positioned as an owner, operator, and manager with a primary focus on multi-family and industrial properties.
- Invest in all major markets in Western USwith a particular focus on Southern California
- Target value-add and core plus assetsbut will consider opportunistic investments as well
- Invest exclusively as a sponsorwith hands-on, design-driven execution
- Take an institutional approachto acquiring and managing sub-institutional real estate
- Extensive operating experience
- $5 – 15 million equity check sizes
The Private Debt team seeks to generate income and capital gains through direct and indirect investments in commercial loans to businesses located in the United States. Such investments may include, among other things, loan participations, asset-based loans, and individual or syndicated loans.
- Geographic loan dispersion across the U.S.
- Diversity in small business enterprise types
- Loans underwritten to institutional standards
- Act as a partner to understand each borrower’s set of working capital needs
Our Edge comes from a hands-on and value-add approach to how capital is deployed within each of the core verticals.
- Nimble and flexible approach
- “Consulting Bench” of operating partners unrivaled amongst our peers
- Focus on transparency and partnership